WELCOME TO ISHNAEBROWS
Hi, I'm Renee Rivera, sole artist and creator of @IshnaeBrows as seen on Instagram. It is my greatest pleasure and honor to share my work with you all. I am certified by Stefys Corner in Microshading and Microblading as of April 2017 and certified by Phi Academy trainer Gabriel Addie as of January 2018. With my certificate training and dedication to my craft and clients, I have created my personal style and offer a variation of techniques such as micbroblading, microshading, blade & shade, powder ombre, and nano strokes. My goal with each client is to offer my undivided attention, devotion to the outcome, customized, and unparalleled work. Your trust and comfort-ability with me as your brow artist will give both of us the ease of mind knowing we are creating the brows of your dreams together and without question they will be AMAZING! For this reason and all listed above it is very important each of my potential and current clients take the general information listed below very seriously and read through it all. To ensure we get beautiful results and you're a satisfied client, you must fully be aware and accept the terms, conditions, qualifications, limitations, expectations, and more. Feel free to roam through our website and contact me after you've reviewed the info below. I can't wait to meet you!
***** Please review ALL the below information carefully AND it will in-tell how to move forward with booking. ALL questions are answered in the info below. I can NOT book your appointment if you haven’t read all the info and followed instructions :) Thank you and I look forward to seeing you soon! *****
- $500. This includes 2 sessions: the initial session and the required follow up session about 4-6 weeks after the initial session. A non-refundable deposit of $75 is required if doing alone and the balance of $425 is due at time of the first session. FRIEND PROMO: When 2 people book at the same time (must send non-refundable 50% deposit in of $200 each), they receive a $400 per person preferred rate. They can schedule the sessions on their own preferred individual dates, just the deposit has to be in at the same time. In the pricing, any style is included whether it be only micro-blading, only micro-shading, or the combination of both.
Micro-Blading: Technique in which we use a micro tiny blade held by a metal pen like tool that creates hair like thin stroke lines thoroughout the entire brow with 0% shading. Great for a very natural finish however, if you commonly wear brow makeup, you may still feel the need to fill them in. Best for normal to dry skin types.
Ombré Powder: Technique in which the pigment (ink) is deposited with a single needle via machine to create “makeup" like finish with %0 hair strokes. This is a solid shaded in look that fades forward to the front of brows. Great for replacing the hassle of applying brow makeup every day however, it also depends how intense you’d like them. Great for all skin types especially those with oily skin.
Micro-Shading (Combination Of Both Techniques with 20% Blading and 80% Shading): This offers the best of both techniques by keeping the natural hairlike strokes visible in the front and a more makeup filled in look towards the middle and back. This is one of our two most popular and in demand styles as you have a look suitable for everyday wear without makeup on and compatible when wearing the rest of your makeup. Great for all skin types especially those with oily skin.
Blade & Shade (Combination Of Both with 50% Blading and 50% Shading): This is similar to the style Microshading except less shading and more blading from the front, middle, and top of brows for a more natural finish yet with support of the shading at the bottom border of brows for added definition. This is our other most popular and requested looks however, it doesn’t replace the need for makeup as much as Microshading as it is a bit more natural. Great for those with dry to normal skin types. Having very oily skin may cause the strokes to fade quicker or not hold as well and is why this is not ideal for oily skin types but still achievable at the first session and if the strokes don’t heal as well, we can always move over to Microshading for the final session.
Nano Strokes: These are hair like strokes created by the same machine I use for shading. Because it's done with the machine, its great for all skin types but especially great for those with a more oily skin type. Although it's less invasive than microblading because it creates a smaller incision than microblading, the hair strokes are 1-2 mm thicker in comparison to a stroke created by the microblade. The advantange in having a thicker hair stroke is the visibility and intensityn of the hair so it blends great into the natural hair pattern of those with naturally courser brow hair. It also blends well with those wanting intense shading combined with hair strokes.
- How long is the process? The initial session can take up to 5 hours and touch up sessions can take up to 3 hours. I would request you reserve that amount of time however, in many cases it could take less but do not like to make any promises.
- How long does it last? It varies based on your skin type and after care but it can last up to a year without touch ups. Some people say it lasts 3-5 years but what we do is the same across the board so it’s not necessarily as if one artist is using stronger pigment than the other to allow it to last 3-5 years, they may just mean with touch ups it can (but anything can last long with touch ups) or if it does last up to 3-5 years I can’t honestly say it will look the way it did the first year so I rather be more upfront and realistic with your expectations :) So up to a year but it if you do come for touch ups at 6 months it's $75 or $100 at a year (the current touch up rate as of now; I may increase with my continued growth) it can continue to last and look vibrant :)
- What’s the healing process/recovery time? For the first 10-14 days after procedure you cannot get your brows wet or sweat so avoiding exercise, swimming, and other similar activities is a must. After the 10-14 days you can continue life as normal including applying brow makeup as this is also prohibited during the healing stage. There is a healing cycle that occurs over the first 14 days that you MUST fully understand is normal and will happen. After the procedure your brows will not be swollen but may have the slightest hint of redness but that goes away within an hour. The next 2-3 days the brows will appear much darker, then a couple of days later they will begin scabbing and possibly itching, then a few days later they will begin peeling and appearing patchy, and lastly once all of the scabbing has naturally fallen off, the brows will come back to a normal state and settle into a final shade which is about 10-40% less bold then the day we did them. I will send you home with an ointment that you’ll apply every morning and throughout the day for the first 10-14 days. Allow the process to take place without prematurely removing scabs on your own or touching them. The healing stage varies from person to person. Some may heal in 10 or less while others heal in 14 days. When you’re at the last stage of the explained healed process (all peeled off), that’s the end of the healing cycle for you.
- Does it hurt? Pain level is mild from and if rated from 1-10 it’s about a 3 on average. We also use numbing creams to help in the beginning and through out the session as well. Check our IG testimonies highlights for real opinions on pain :)
- I'm a certified? Yes! Since April 2017. I hold a certification in Microshading, Microblading, and am BBP certified as well.
- Location: This would be at our studio located in North Dallas. It's a shopping center located between Rock Barrel and Flow Systems. The exact address is 13650 TI Blvd, Dallas, TX 75243.
- Can you choose your color and shape? Yes! We review the color and shape together based on my experience and your desired look.
- So I cant wear makeup the first 10-14 days? Not recommended around brow area and definitely not on brows. Applying makeup to the brows during the healing stages will affect the results and possibly cause a bacterial infection as used makeup isn’t sanitized and technically you still have open wounds so not only do you risk of infection but it will cover the wound, not allowing the scabbing to properly form/heal and affecting the color retention.
- Can I wash my face like I normally do after I heal? After your have passed the healing period, yes, you can wash as normal.
- Do I still get my brows groomed like I normally do after I heal? (Because the hair around my eyebrows will still grow right?!) Yes you can still get threaded or waxed as usual after you’ve healed however, do not do before your appts as it will make the area more sensitive and could results in more unnecessary pain.
THE BOOKING PROCESS
- HOW AND WHEN CAN I BOOK? I am currently booked 5-6 months out. Send me your preferred date and time and I can check my availability. I currently can take appointments Tuesday through Friday (8am-1pm) as most weekends are booked for this year and part of next with bridal (makeup) work. I do not take appointments on weekends and evenings. This applies to all appointments whether it be the initial session or touch up session.
When picking a date, please be aware of the 14 day healing cycle after the appt as well as a 48hr no alcohol, no caffeine, and no medication (including but not limited to ibuprofen) requirement prior to the appt. If you take any prescribed medications and/or have any current health conditions such as diabetes or pregnancy, please inform me as it will effect the outcome and possibly the ability to get the procedure done at all. NO MEDICATIONS REQUIREMENT is NOT OPTIONAL! If you take medications (including high blood pressure medication), you would not be a candidate unless you were off your medications for at least 48hrs and that would need to be approved by your doctor.
When you come in I walk you through the whole process and we do a step by step. During the mapping process when I’m drawing out the shape, you’d have to approve it or offer feedback if you want it adjusted so you won’t be stuck with a shape you do not like unless during the mapping process you do not tell me your input :)
This is one of the many important pieces of information so please review well and let me know if you have any questions: 1) The deposit paid is non-refundable once paid. 2) You may cancel or ask to reschedule with notice one week prior or before with no penalty. If you cancel the week of your appointment, the deposit again is forfeited and you would not be given the opportunity to rebook. If you request to reschedule the week of your appointment, the full balance would still be due in order to reschedule for a future date and is non-refundable should you decide to cancel at a later date. 3) If you are 15 minutes late or more, the appointment is automatically cancelled and you can reschedule as long as the balance is paid day of cancellation. Clients wait months to get in so to be fair to my time and others, please be fully aware of this policy as I do enforce it. I work up to 12hrs or more a day with back to back clients so being on time is very important to avoid pushing back others times.
CANCELLATION LIST: I do not have a cancellation list. If I ever get cancellations or decide to create and opening, that spot would be posted to my IG story on my Instagram @ishnaebrows. This would be on a first come, first serve basis, with those already booked for a future date having piority. Many who have had luck in securing these openings did so by having their notifications on for my page.
REQUESTED INFO & PHOTOS
I’m the artist correct but...it’s your brows. Brows are very personal so before you can book, I do require for you to send me the following pictures to even see if what you’re wanting is achievable and that you’re clear of the process. I cannot book your appointment without the details below so please send the pics and info and we can go from there :) If you have a previous tattoo, you may not be a candidate with me as your brow tech but it’s on a case by case basis based on the info and photos you send me. Please be sure all pics are clear, show entire face, and are in good lighting. Selfies are perfect as long as they meet those standards. No filtered photos!
- First & Last Name
- Email Address (used for appointment reminders)
- How did you hear of my services?
- What’s your skin type?
- How insecure and particular are you about your brows?
- Have you had any brow work done before such as microblading, microshading, a real tattoo, etc? If so, please send ALL the following details: brow tech and their IG info, dates when service(s) were done for each time if more than once, photos from brow tech's page of your brows when freshly done, your issues with your previous work (likes, dislikes, etc).
- You're written agreement (you may copy and paste): "I have thoroughly read and agree to all terms listed in the general information including but not limited to the cancellation policy. I have reviewed the terms and can contest that I am a candidate for this service. I am also aware that appointments are not available weekends and evenings."
1) with makeup
2) without makeup
3) reference photo of technique, coloring, and desired shape (may be of my work or another's but NOT a makeup photo)
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT?
• 48 hours prior to your appointment: DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
• 72 hours prior to your appointment: DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically necessary.
• Botox should be done within 4 weeks before or after microblading sessions.
•NO RETINOL 6 weeks before.
• Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
• No waxing, tanning or tinting 3 days before.
• Arrive with no makeup for your appointment. A lot of wiping of pigment takes place and makeup can get ruined, so save yourself the hassle!
• Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30-50%.
You are NOT a suitable candidate for this procedure if you are:
• Pregnant or breastfeeding due to increased chances of possible infection and color may not retain as well.
• History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
• Viral infections and/or diseases
• Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Organ transplant
• Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Accutane in the past year
• Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure, Poor general health.
• Taking treatment, on medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing would make you NOT a good candidate for micropigmentation procedures.
•Have had previous tattoo’d brows or semi-permanent tattoo’d brows however, this is a case by case basis and that’s why the photos requested are so important. If your current tattoo falls within the requested new shape it may be possible but I can’t really tell until I see in person as well.